We can trace our origins back to 1910 when Annesley Harold Brownrigg (1882-1935) wins a series of architectural competitions and sets up shop. In 1918, after serving as a major in the Royal Garrison Artillery in the War, Brownrigg builds a flourishing practice in Guildford with Leslie Hiscock – expanding to include industrial, commercial, educational and recreational projects.
In 1935, Annesley passes away and leaves the successful practice in the hands of Leslie and his own son, John Brownrigg (1911-2002). By 1946, John meets Newman Turner and set up Brownrigg and Turner in 1948. Ten years later in 1958, Scott Brownrigg and Turner is formed after joining forces with another Guildford practice run by John's old friend Duncan Scott.